Wondering if a business review and marketing strategy session is for you?
Is it or isn’t it?
It’s perfectly natural to be unsure before you invest in something to help you grow your business, so if booking a business review and marketing session is what you’re considering let me answer the most common concerns for you here.
Just in case you’ve just stumbled across this page, I’ll explain what the business review and marketing strategy session is before diving in to chat about the most common concerns.
What is the business review and marketing strategy session?
It’s 90-minutes where we focus solely on your business and your marketing. We work together to create your 6-month marketing strategy to help you achieve your business goals.
- Identify your marketing problem
- Get clear on your goals and how you’re going to measure them
- Create and build your strategy to solve your problem
- Create your action plan and your content plan
- Identify obstacles you may face implementing your plan and how you can deal with them
Now you know what it is. What’s some of the reasons you may not think it’s for you?
1. I can’t afford it.
When I talk about the benefits of having a 6-month marketing strategy with prospective clients, they get excited about having a plan to follow – but for some they feel it’s not a cost they can justify.
The idea of spending money when you’re just starting out, haven’t been in business long or perhaps you’re not attracting many paying clients right now, it can feel like the wrong thing to do.
Paying for a “chat” about your marketing can seem an unnecessary expense.
The business review and marketing strategy session isn’t just 90 minutes of us chatting.
Before our call, I send you a questionnaire about what’s going on right now with your business, your marketing and what your goals are. (This alone has triggered mahoosive lightbulb moments for clients).
- How much has it cost you trying to work out this marketing malarkey so far?
- How much more will it cost you if you keep doing your marketing the same way?
A plan for your marketing for 6 months will save you time and help you get more engagement, leads and clients for your business.
The investment is cost-effective.
The business review and marketing strategy session isn’t just a plan.
It’s your time to shine a light on your business. To understand what is and isn’t working and what you can do to make attracting clients easier.
As a business owner it can be so easy to think every penny or pound earned has to stay in the bank. Seeing those pounds feels good but you might want to think about:
- How much not knowing how to get a consistent stream of clients is costing you.
- How much longer you can go on with a scattergun approach to your marketing.
- Why have a website if it’s not getting any visitors or converting visitors to leads or clients?
Would it be a better use of your time to know what type of content promotes your product or service?
2. I don’t have time to spend on marketing.
As a business owners you are busy and enough of them have told me how much there is to do without them spending their time creating content.
Here’s the thing:
- Great content on your website is one reason people will visit it and become leads and clients.
- Sharing great content consistently is how you create your consistent stream of leads clients.
What else helps you to create your consistent flow of clients?
Sharing fab content on your social media, with your email list and your blog or vlog because it’s your marketing that draws in your clients.
What happens to your leads if you’re not marketing?
A few hours per week spent on creating content, to bring clients to your business, is time well-spent.
3. Having a plan for my marketing doesn’t work for me.
There are some business owners that can recognise the benefit of having a content marketing plan for 6 months, but the day-to-day running of their business stops them putting their plan to get more engagement, leads and clients into action.
What can you do if you like the idea of a content plan for your marketing, but you’re worried you won’t create the content and action it?
Get some extra support and accountability from me because let’s be honest, it’s not always easy to work on your marketing when you’re surrounded by distractions.
Each month you’ll have a call with me.
Some of the topics we can chat about:
- What impact your marketing is having or not, and tweak accordingly
- Repurposing your content
- Map out content for a new product or service
It’s your time to chat about your content and your marketing, and you’ll never be stuck for marketing ideas again because I am a content idea ninja.
Why keep on struggling with your marketing and content when I can help you?
4. My business is product-based.
Sometimes I hear that a content marketing plan won’t work for a product-based business.
Marketing for a product-based business is the same for a service-based business so using the same approach to creating awesome content works for both.
Should you write content about what your product or service does or how people can buy it?
There’s nothing wrong with talking about your product or service, but do it too often and your audience will begin to ignore you. You don’t want to come across pushy and salesy.
How to help your audience realise you’re for them.
Share really useful and helpful content that helps them with their buying decision. Become their go-to person in your industry.
The more helpful you are the more they will feel they know, like and trust you.
Would you rather continue to share content that doesn’t add value for your prospective clients or share content that builds know, like and trust that leads to more clients?
You might enjoy my blog How to build trust and authority with your content.
5. My industry is too specialised.
Sometimes I hear that content marketing won’t work for a specific industry. Their industry is too specialised.
Who have I helped with their marketing?
Here’s a list of some of who I’ve helped:
- App developers
- Cafe owners
- Data collection analyst
- Dog walkers
- Estate Agents
- Massage therapist
- Personal trainers
- Virtual Assistant
6. I can find what I need for free on the internet or I can buy a book.
You absolutely can and the internet is overflowing with really useful stuff for business owners struggling to get better engagement on social media, get more leads and more clients.
And I bet you’ve spent a (huge) chunk of time doing that already. How’s it working out for you so far?
It’s okay to ask for help.
- It’s okay to invest in learning new skills to grow your business
- It’s more than okay to be really fab at what you offer your clients, but if you’re struggling with the marketing malarkey your potential clients won’t know you exist.
You want more clients, don’t you?
7. I have no idea who you are.
It’s very possible you have no idea who I am.
To get to know me better you can check out my free resources.
Found this useful? Here are more things you may like:
Free E-book: Fed up faffing? Get your 6 step faff-free action plan to get your business from surving to thriving
Book a Call: Let’s have a chat. Book your free call and find out how I can help you grow your business.