Struggling to get engagement with your audience on social media?
Need some fun ideas to boost engagement with your audience?
Social media can be so noisy and busy, so it’s worth taking the time to get to know your potential clients, and the best way to do that is to start a conversation with them.
Asking questions is a fun, simple and an easy way to start your conversation with them.
In this blog, I’ve put together 50 questions you can ask and also use to give you inspiration to create your own fun and engaging questions together.
50 fun questions you can ask to boost your engagement on social media with your audience.
- Yes or No? Do you agree with this quote? (Post a quote that’s inspiring, thought provoking or entertaining to your audience).
- What’s your all-time favourite (book, song to get your toes-tapping and hips swaying, city, meal etc)?
- If you had to choose, would you rather choose THIS or THAT (substitute this or that eg hire a VA to do all your social media or a house-keeper to do all your housework, a holiday in the mountains or a holiday on a tropical island, a month without your favourite treat or a month without your mobile phone, RomCom or Thriller, Sunrises or Sunsets, Summers Days or Winter Days)?
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
- What’s your favourite (TV Show, movie of all time, guilty pleasure)?
- What’s your best caption for this photo? (post a fun, quirky photo)
- What’s your best tip for (motivating yourself to exercise, staying off social media when you have work to do, avoiding the biscuits that are in the cupboard)?
- Fill the blank in. My must have (travel, comfort food, technology) MUST HAVE is______________
- Remember when… (old technology/fashion/tradition). Remember when you had to save your work on a floppy disk/ use a manual typewriter/ dial a telephone / get up out of your seat to change channels on the TV). What’s your memory of it?
- Do you (work on a weekend/ use Instagram/use LinkedIn/use YouTube/listen to Podcasts)?
- If you had to choose just one (item of clothing/ type of drink/flavour of ice cream/ App for your phone/ kitchen appliance) which would you choose?
- Have you ever been asked to work for free or in exchange for something other than money? How did you handle it?
- What are you up to this weekend?
- Do you work from home/in an office/outside? What do you love the most about that?
- Use a ‘would you rather’ question? E.g. Would you rather speak every language fluently, or play every instrument beautifully?
- If you could travel to any country for free, where would you go and why?
- It’s (insert month). What are you most excited about this month?
- On a scale of 1-10, how likely are you to (miss lunch/set a New Year resolution/ skip exercise/treat yourself after a success)
- Yes or no? Would you ever (sky-dive, jet-ski, bungee jump, do karaoke, get a tattoo)
- What celebrity would you most like to meet and why?
- What day of the week do you (get most done, love the most, look forward to the most)
- What’s the first word that comes into your head that begins with (insert letter of the alphabet)?
- Word association. What’s the first word that comes into your head when you hear (engagement/ snow/chocolate/puppy)?
- You’ve got £1million pounds to spend, but you can only buy items that begin with the first letter of your name. What do you buy?
- Who is the most famous person you have ever met? (Extra Oooooohs if you share a pic of you with them J)
- Name a film that you’ve watched more than 5 times and you still love it!
- If you could only take 2 items for a 30 day stay on a desert island, what would you take and why?
- Why is it that no matter what colour bubble bath you use the bubbles are always white?
- What is another word for “thesaurus”?
- What would you rather have 100,000 Facebook fans or 100,000 Twitter fans?
- What was the last book you read? Would you recommend it and why?
- Who would play you in the movie of your life?
- What would the title of the book of your entrepreneurial journey be called?
- If you could have any super hero’s power, what would you have?
- If you could be any super hero for one day, who would you be and why?
- What was the first song you heard today?
- What’s your favourite way to spend you time?
- We’re all going on a picnic and you can bring 5 things, but they have to start with your first initial. What would you bring?
- Yes or no. Are you (a good cook, a good singer, an early riser, a fan of reality TV)
- What was your first job?
- What do you love the most about your business?
- If you could be an animal, what would it be and why?
- If you found yourself sitting opposite (insert famous person eg David Beckham, Madonna, George Clooney) what would you ask her/him?
- Would you rather have brains or money?
- What’s your favourite meal to cook?
- Would you rather spend a day as a member of the opposite sex or be able to read the minds of the opposite sex?
- You’ve been given a time machine. Do you go back in time or forward into the future and what would you do when you got there?
- What was your favourite toy when you were a child?
- Name one thing that you can do to make it easier for your clients to hire and pay you?
- Some of my friends give their car a name. I’ve never given my car a name, but have you ever named your car and if so, what did you call it?
THE MONDAY MORNING MARKETING MEMO
Motivation in your inbox
Get better at marketing with actionable marketing tips and advice you can implement each week to improve your online presence so you can get more leads and clients.